We hope this post finds you and your loved ones safe after Hurricane Irene’s visit this weekend. We were lucky that classes weren’t in session, but would you know how to get information about cancelled classes or road closures if school HAD started? This post gives you the 411 on getting the 411.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not, but Rutgers is a pretty big place. It’s hard to figure out the right person or department to ask a question. Below are a few tried and true options.
For General Information:
- The Search bar on http://www.rutgers.edu/ and my.rutgers.edu – search all Rutgers websites. As an example, type in “Bookstore” into the Search bar at the top of the Rutgers website and you’ll quickly find the college bookstore website, its location and hours.
- RU-INFO – our very own information hotline, staffed by student operators! Call 732-445-4636, explain what you’re looking for (or ask a question or describe the problem), and they’ll help connect you to the right people. You can also visit their website at ruinfo.rutgers.edu.
- Campus Status - campusstatus.rutgers.edu. Hurricanes and snowstorms aren't mindful of the academic calendar; this site will let you know the operating status of the university in the case of a major weather event.
For SAS Information:
- The Search bar on sasundergrad.rutgers.edu – this will provide you with SAS-specific search results!
- Frosh email - we’re experts on academics, and if we don’t know the answer we’ll put you in touch with the office that does! email@example.com.
- Come to an SAS Advising Center and ask a live person! The Office of Academic Services has Advising Centers on all four campuses. This isn’t your principal’s office, or the guidance counselor that you saw once before graduation; we’re here to respond to your concerns, guide your decisions, and celebrate your successes from today through graduation. Don't be a stranger!